Flat roofs are a popular choice among commercial building owners and property managers for many reasons, not the least of which include their extreme affordability and relative durability. However, they also come with some unique challenges, which can contribute to a shortened service life and more frequent need to be replaced.
If you suspect your flat roof may need to be replaced, call the experts at Sadler Coating Systems at (866) 756-2901 for a free inspection and cost estimate, no strings attached. As a Conklin-preferred contractor, we hire only the most skilled, certified technicians and use only the highest quality materials available. Conklin has been manufacturing industry-leading materials for more than 4 decades. Call today and experience the Sadler Coating Systems difference.
Is Replacement Necessary?
Some studies show that as many as 80% of roofs are replaced prematurely. At Sadler Coating Systems, we do our homework before suggesting a complete roof tear off and replacement, or even a roof coating.
That is why we complete a thorough, multi-point inspection prior to every flat roof replacement. Our certified technician will do an on-site visit to determine if your roof can better be served through repairs or another option first. Your roof will be inspected from all angles, including the inside and outside. A walk-over will reveal any failing seams, faulty flashing, overall deterioration, and more. Common flat roof problems include the following:
- Small leaks
- Dips, valleys, low spots
- Separating flashing
- Ponding water with accompanying algae/vegetation growth
- Roofing material shrinkage, wrinkling, uplift
- Tears, rips, holes, punctures, often due to foot traffic damage or falling debris (branches, wind blown projectiles, etc.)
Many of these issues can be addressed through small roof repairs. There are only a few instances where we regularly recommend complete flat roof replacement:
- The first is old age. All roofs have a projected service life, and if your roof is approaching the end of it, the best option is to replace, rather than continue sinking money into frequent repairs.
- The second is improper installation. No matter the material, installing a flat roof is a challenge. That is why it is so important to have a vetted professional company do it. If your building’s roof is suffering from a faulty installation, give the experts at Sadler Coating Systems a call. We can discuss your roofing material options and provide you with a cost-competitive, no-pressure quote.
If your flat roof is exhibiting problems, contact Sadler Coating Systems at (866) 756-2901. With more than 3 decades of commercial roofing experience, we can guide you through the process of evaluating, repairing, restoring, and replacing your flat roofing system.