Sadler Coating Systems is Ames, Iowa’s premier provider of spray polyurethane foam (SPF) roofing and insulation services. If you are looking for top-grade insulation and outstanding protection for your roof, interior walls, storage tanks, etc., call the experts at Sadler today at (866) 756-2901 or read on.
Spray Foam Roofing Basics
Spray foam combines two liquid chemicals –isocyanate and polyol. These two ingredients are combined inside a spray gun that then pumps them out onto the surface to be coated. When the isocyanate and polyol mix, a chemical reaction occurs, causing the new product to foam and expand 30-60 times within seconds.
The foam hardens within a minute, trapping tiny air bubbles inside it, creating a very effective barrier to moisture and air, and forming an efficient layer of insulation.
When used for roofing, the spray foam layer is usually topped with two layers of elastomeric coating, a base coat to ensure adhesion, and a top coat that is designed to reflect the sun and delay aging. An additional layer of granules can be added to increase durability.
Why Choose Spray Foam Roofing
The advantages of spray foam roofing over many other traditional roofing systems speak for themselves:
- Spray foam roofing is seamless – less opportunity for leaks than traditionally seamed roofing membranes.
- Spray foam roofing is easy to maintain.
- Spray foam is environmentally friendly – reduces the urban heat island effect.
- Spray foam is extremely lightweight – about 8 times less heavy than other traditional materials.
- Spray foam roofs are highly resistant to weathering and storm damage.
- Spray foam is one of the least expensive roofing systems available.
- It’s also easy to install, meaning lower labor expenses.
- It can reduce heating and cooling costs by up to 40% in some cases.
- Spray foam can reinforce your building structure
- It works as great sound insulation, too.
- And more!
Alternative Spray Foam Applications
There are many other applications for spray foam ranging beyond commercial roofing.
For one, it makes an excellent alternative to traditional fiberglass insulation, boasting the highest insulating value on the market at R6.7 per inch. Spray foam can be applied to interior or exterior walls to boost thermal performance and improve your building’s structural strength.
Another prime way to utilize spray foam’s many benefits is in storage tank insulation. Spray foam’s seamless nature makes it a perfect match for the rounded sides of tanks that need superior insulation. Furthermore, spray foam can provide an added measure of weatherproofing to tanks exposed to the elements.
Iowa’s Best Spray Foam Contractors
Whether you are looking at a new roofing systems or just want to find a better way to insulate your commercial or industrial buildings or other structures, Sadler Coating Systems is the best company to do it.
As proud members of the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) and recipient of eight SPFA Industry of Excellence Project Awards, you can count on us to do your spray foam job right the first time.
All of our spray foam projects are overseen by a project manager who is certified under the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) Professional Certification Program, and every spray foam system is applied by a Certified Master Installer.
Call us today to get started – (866) 756-2901.